I thought I'd do a little post about what I've currently got in my handbag.
I like to keep the contents down to a minimum as much as I can - I've had a major issue with my shoulder in the past and I certainly don't want a repeat performance of passing out in the bathroom and smacking my face on the basin again due to the crippling pain!!!
My current bag of choice (although I change it fairly regularly depending on my outfit or my plans for the day!) is my grey Betty Barclay shopper. It's PU rather than leather, which makes it fairly light to carry. It also has an 'across the body' strap but it's quite a large bag so I rarely use that. I believe the RRP is £98 but I paid £29.99 in good old local TK Maxx. Here it is...
As you'll see, it has a rather scary psychedelic lining! There's a large full-length zipped pocket down the middle, plus a mobile phone and purse pouch at the front.
You seriously wouldn't believe how many handbags I own. My handbag obsession is worse than my Filofax one!
And here are the contents...
From top left to right, it have my:
- Kindle in clear pencil case to reduce bulk & weight (check out my post here);
- Slimline Damson Adelphi Filofax (check out my post here);
- Tula leather make-up bag (with slimmed-down contents);
- Mini pack of wipes (I have a 6 year old daughter - 'nuff said!);
- Mini pack of tissues;
- Raspberry Tula purse (check out my post here);
- Umberella (a lady should never be without);
- Mini tube of Nivea hand cream;
- My pass for work;
- Mini zipped purse/make-up bag (containing plasters, antiseptic wipes, paracetamol etc);
- Mobile phone;
- Camera case containing a small Canon camera;
- Car and house keys;
- Emergency snacks.
I'm not one for packing my bag full of unnecessary stuff but I absolutely must have the minimum, and this is it.
How about you? Do you slim down the contents of your handbag or does everything but the kitchen sink go in there??? Do you have any tips for keeping your bag as light as possible???
If you enjoyed this post, please FOLLOW ME!