Welcome, fellow stationery geeks!


I shall be using this blog to witter on about my stationery finds in general and diaries/planners and Filofaxes in particular. Please feel free to witter along with me!

Sunday 7 October 2012

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with...

F!



Well hello again everyone!

Yes I'm still alive!  Apologies for not posting for absolutely ages.  I've increased my working days to four a week instead of three, plus my hubby's been working such ridiculous hours recently that I've practically been a single working mother for the past month and a half!  If there was a 'Dislike' button, I would press it...

As well as the above, I car share to work now which means I don't get time to browse the shops for stationery finds in the morning.  I totally love my Filofax and its setup so I've nothing really to talk about there (although I do need to do a full set-up post at some point) and I am completely ADDICTED to reading.  My Kindle is my best friend in every way.  I got it in February and I've read 54 books on it since then!!!  Plus a good few 'normal' books from the library as well.  Holy cow!  It's no wonder I'm hardly ever posting on here any more...

My Kindle in a clear pencil case.  Keeps it protected and takes up no room in my bag whatsoever!


I've kept my eye on the blogging world recently but I've not read everything or commented at all for a while. But I finished another book last night and noticed a couple of posts on Philofaxy this morning that I felt I really must comment on, so that inspired me to come and have a chunter on my blog for a bit.

I did have a Filofax experience last week that got me a bit excited again I have to admit!  One of our HR field managers came to the office as he often does and when he visits, he sits opposite me.  We always have a laugh and a banter - he's quite a character!  Anyway, I needed to grab something from his desk so I wandered round and what did I see???  Yes you've guessed it - A FILOFAX!!!  I gasped and said, "You've got a Filofax!!!"  Well, as you can imagine, he wasn't allowed to leave the office until we had had a full discussion about said Filofax.  One thing that surprised me was that it was a mini.  It was a Classic in a kind-of toffee/caramel/camel colour.  It was stuffed to the gills like my first mini here, and all his entries were colour coded using highlighter pens!  He said he'd had it for years and he loved it because it fits in his pocket and he gets his inserts automatically delivered every year.  I briefly showed him my Filofax and my many tabs (those who went to the Manchester Meet-Up saw these - I'll do a set-up post soon) and we carried on chatting about how Filofaxes were generally brilliant.  I sooooo wanted to take pictures, but I think he would have thought I'd lost the plot if I'd asked, so I didn't...

It looked like this, but his was a bit darker.  Almost like a toffee colour!
Picture taken from the Filofax.kr website.


So, have you ever got excited when you've seen somebody you know using a Filofax???  Tell me what happened!



Don't forget to FOLLOW ME if you enjoy my posts!

11 comments:

  1. Spotting a Filofax anywhere gets me excited. Where I live though, very few people have them, so I turn to the internet for the Filofix. (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, it's rare for me to see them too. Apart from my Mum's, Dad's and hubby's of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spotting a filofax & have to restrain myself from grilling the owner or scaring them :)

    On another subject, would you be at all interested in having my scarlet Adelphi slimline? I only just got it, but have realised that slimline is too slim for me so am going back to personal & hate the idea of a filo not being used. I got it for a fab price on eBay & would be happy just to cover those costs plus whatever the postage is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Anita! Yes I would love it, thank you! But are you sure you don't want to try and sell it though? And are you also sure that you don't want anything for it? Maybe we can discuss by email, my address is lucylocketcontacts dash blogspot at yahoo dot co dot uk. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just started following you and I've got to say I've never seen another filo anywhere. I stumbled upon them online. Of course I'm hooked now. I've got the exact same one as you do, a raspberry finsbury, but it's literally stuffed to the brim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Beth! Thanks for reading and following my blog. As you'll see from 'My Favourite Blogs' list down the right hand side, I follow an awful lot of blogs, many of which that relate to Filofaxes. They're very popular! But yes I must admit, I don't see many 'in the wild' so to speak. My husband, Mum, Dad and Auntie all have (and use) one, but I bought them all as presents for them!!! They've been using them for a long time though so I think they would have stopped by now if they were only carrying on to spare my feelings. They are awesome!

    I can only presume you've found www.philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk but if you haven't, check it out. You'll be amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! That was the first blog I got hooked on! My husband uses one and my middle daughter has her own also, lol! I've used planners since I was 16, but just recently found out about Filofax. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes that's usually the first one people find! It helped me loads to discover my ideal setup but I've found it now and I doubt I'll change it. Although who knows??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps you would like to use the same Tablet PC, there are various types of Tablet PC
    http://www.eozy.com/tablet-pc

    ReplyDelete